Something interesting has appeared on my radar via Instagram. A couple of guys that go by the name of Han med skor and Han utan skor (translated from Swedish: Him with shoes and Him without shoes) have declared that they are starting a new marathon in Sweden.
At the moment this movement is somewhat underground, but I’m sure this is all part of the marketing tactics these cunning guys have. Build up a fanbase and support before going public. I think it could just work! Anyway, through following their pics on Instagram and their newly started blog, I have managed to attain the following information:
- The marathon is in Sweden (Your dealing with a real Sherlock here)
- I’m guessing it’s in the south of Sweden, judging by the amount of snow (or lack of) in some photos
- At a guess it’s a mixed terrain marathon. Partly urban. Partly trail.
- On the 25th April the Marathon details will be made public
- Two guys are the brains behind the operation and are in talks with the appropriate authorities.
- The marathon will take place summer/autumn 2013
- Instagram: @vistartarettmarathon
- Blog: www.vistartarettmarathon.se
Now, I have absolutely no idea how to go about creating a marathon, but I can only imagine there is alot of red tape and hurdles to pass to get to the finishing line. So I’ll take this opportunity to wish Mr shoe and Mr shoeless all the best with their plans! I am looking forward to your announcement in April, and I hope to be able to run.